Use our hub pages as a reference to get up-to-speed on all the main digital marketing techniques. They will help you quickly understand how to make the most of the technique through definitions and recommendations on our member resources and blog articles covering strategy, best practices and the latest statistics.
We believe that a digital marketing strategy is essential to take advantage of the growing opportunities from digital marketing, yet even in 2017, many companies don’t have a digital marketing strategy!
Yet our Managing Digital marketing research report (a free download) showed that half of companies don’t yet have a planned digital marketing strategy:
A digital marketing strategy is a channel strategy which means that it should…
- Be informed by research into customer channel behaviour and marketplace activity = intermediaries, publishers and competitors
- Based on objectives for future online and offline channel contribution %
- Define and communicate the differentials of the channel to encourage customers to use it,
- BUT, need to manage channel integration
So put another way, digital marketing strategy defines how companies should:
- Hit our channel leads & sales targets
- Budgets for Acquisition, Conversion, Retention & Growth, Service
- Communicate benefits of using this channel “ enhance brand
- Prioritise audiences targeted through channel
- Prioritise products available through channel